- At a distance of ten inches, my eyes can detect an object as small as four thousandths of an inch in size.
- My eyes can distinguish only four colors.
- My eyes can see a candle 14 miles away.
- Ten percent of what I know comes through my eyes.
- Reading in dim light can put a strain on my eyes.
- When viewing the TV, I should sit a distance equal to twice the width of the screen.
- A lack of vitamin A in my diet can cause reduced night vision.
- Dilation of the pupils allows my doctor to see a better view of the inside of my eyes.
- The best color for sunglasses is blue.
- Tears contain substances that slow down bacterial growth.
- My eyelids work much like a car’s windshield wipers.
- Sunglasses will allow me to look directly at the sun.
- Many prescriptions for eyeglasses are identical.
- Smoking can effect my vision.
- If I have 20/20 vision, I don’t have any eye problems.
- Air pollution affects only my lungs and breathing.
- If I am nearsighted, I see near objects more clearly than distant ones.
- If I am farsighted, I see distant object more clearly than near ones.
- Glaucoma is a serious eye disease that can cause blindness.
- Regular eye examinations can help protect my eyes and general health.
Activity Sheet 2: Your Eye-Q Test
QuestionsANSWERS: 1.T. 2.F. 3.T. 4.F. 5.F. 6.F. 7.T. 8.T. 9.F. 10.T. 11.T. 12.F. 13.F. 14.T. 15.F. 16.F. 17.T. 18.T. 19.T. 20.T.